Jake Lahmann is the UAS Technology Solutions Manager for Valmont Industries where he leads a team specializing in technology-based solutions for infrastructure management services in the energy, communications, and transportation industries. Since 1999, Mr. Lahmann has been at the forefront of drone technology, and his accomplishments include:
• Development of warfighting imaging payload for all major aerospace and defense companies
• Development of the first UAS-based photogrammetry system for forensic data collection
• Creation of the SEEKER, the first commercially available dual-spectrum drone
• Created and launched ASCEND, a 207-hour UAS pilot training and certification program
• Has been awarded five drone-related patents that enhance the infrastructure maintenance and production of LiDAR-based digital twins
• And in 2023, set a distance record of inspecting over 77 miles of infrastructure in a single drone flight
Outside of Valmont, Mr. Lahmann is a UAS committee member for both N.A.T.E. and T.I.A., and is an industry board member of Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.